For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.
God is good...God is so good that there aren't words to decribe his love. As I celebrated my 25th birthday this past Saturday, I looked back at my life in the past year! So much has happend. So, here I will list my 30 days of thanks!
I Am THANKFUL for...
1. The love of Jesus, my Savior.
2. My husband, whom I adore more than life itself.
3. My job, because I have one, and it pays the bills.
4. My home, because it is our place of rest.
5. My family, we have been through a lot, but at the end of the day, they are some of the most amazing people I know.
6. My old friends, they have a special place in my life. As we grow up and move away my love for them will never change! I couldn't have made it through the past years without them. Love you Kristi, Madison, Amanda!
7. My new friends, growing up is hard. Meeting new people is even harder! I am so thankful for the new friends I have made in my life. Like Kori, she is amazing, and my life wouldn't be the same without her!
8. My Church, they are the backbone of our ministry. I know that I can go there and find rest, and get fed.
9. My church family, they are spread over many states! Without these people I couldn't have made it through 2009-2010. They truly are my family.
10. My horses, they have been there for me for over 15 years. They have been my friends when the human ones weren't. I have poured out my blood, sweat, and tears for them. They are a part of my soul, and always will be.
11. My puppies, they are ROTTEN, but they are my children. And they keep my feet warm at night.
12. Being hot, because that means I have heat, and a warm place to go. There are so many people who don't...
13. Being cold, becaus in the summer it means I have somewhere cool to go and get out of the heat.
14. My pants being too tight. Funny right? Well I am thankful for that because that means I have had lots of food, and I'm not hungry...
15. Having a closet full of clothes, that though I may not like, I still have plenty of things to wear
16. Cold weather! It means Christmas is coming!
17. CHRISTMAS! I love December...caroling, hot chocolate, and most of all celebrating the birth of Jesus!
18. My Pea Coat. both of them! They are snuggly and warm.
19. My cars, I am just thankful that they are nice cars, not fancy or souped up, just nice cars with heat and air!
20. My brother. He was my first friend, beat me up a lot :), but tought me not to take crap from anyone. He is the link to my past! He is one of the most amazing people I know. And I love him more than he could possibly know.
21. My Boss, he drives me crazy sometimes, but he is a Godly man, and a great boss.
22. The sunrise, it reminds me I have made it to another day, and for that I am truly thankful!
23. My bed, I have one! Even though it is taken up mostly by the puppies, I do get to snuggle next to my husband, and it's better than sleeping on the floor.
24. My health. I may be over weight, not work out enough, eat too much chocolate, but I am healthy and alive. Being skinny doesn't make you healthy!
25. God's provision. Enough said!
26. Technology. Though sometimes I want to throw my computer/cell phone/ television out the window, I am still thankful I had it. I did grow up in a time where you didn't! (Makes me old I guess)
27. A hot bubble bath. There is nothing that a hot bubble bath and a good book can't fix!
28. My education. It may have taken me forever, and I may not have done everything right, but I am lucky enough to have a good education and have a good head on my shoulders so that I can help this country become a better place.
29. My wedding day. It was perfect, no it wasn't fancy, but I got to marry the love of my life.
Last but NOT least..
30. I am thankful for our youth...they push me past my breaking point, expect me to know the answers to lifes questions, put their burdens on my shoulders, hold me to a higher standard of living, demand more time from me than there are hours in the day, and want more love than I think my heart has to give. But I would not trade them for the world. They make me a better person, push myself, and strive to be the best influence in their lives that I can be. They will never know how much I care about them, and their lives. They are my children, no matter how old they get, they always will be. I never thought I would be a pastor's wife. I feel fairly sure at points I am not a good one. But there is no one in this world that loves them more than I and Christopher do!
So there you are. I could have made a billion things that I am thankful for, but here is my 30 for thanksgiving. I will try to do better about keeping up with this! Lots of great things going on in the month of DECEMBER!!
Love to all!